Breakfast is known for being the most important meal of the day, however it is often the most forgotten! Eating breakfast, whether it be immediately upon waking up, during your travels, or even when you arrive at school or work, is going to help set the tone for the remainder of your day. One key factor in planning a healthy, balanced, nutrient-dense morning meal is ensuring that there is plenty of dietary fiber included.
Dietary fiber at breakfast not only helps manage the rise in morning blood sugar levels, but it also helps keep you much more satiated, heading into the afternoon. Keep in mind, according to The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, women should aim for 25g of fiber per day, while men will need about 38g per day. Brainstorming ways to add dietary fiber to breakfast time can be quite a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be! Below are 10 easy breakfast hacks to boost dietary fiber that you can start implementing today to keep you feeling your best!
10 Easy Breakfast Hacks
1. Add 2Tbsp ground flaxseed meal to your bowl of oatmeal to add 3g of fiber.
2. Top your cottage cheese with ¼ cup raspberries + 1Tbsp chia seeds to add 7g of fiber.
3. Swap your regular English muffin for a whole-wheat variety to add 3g of fiber.
4. Top your morning toast with 1/3 of a smashed avocado to add 4g of fiber.
5. Swap your traditional granola bar for a NuGo Fiber d’Lish bar to add 12g of fiber.
6. Add a banana to your bowl of cold cereal to add 3g of fiber.
7. Spread 2Tbsp almond butter on your sliced apples to add 4g of fiber.
8. Add 3Tbsp raw pumpkin seeds to your morning smoothie to add 2g of fiber.
9. Crumble a NuGo Fiber d’Lish bar on top of your Greek yogurt to add 12g of fiber.
10. Swap out your rice cake for a slice of whole-grain bread to add 3g of fiber.
These fiber-boosting breakfast hacks listed above will create a variety of morning selections, which all pack a punch of dietary fiber! Doing so, will help you start your day with more energy, fuel, and fullness until your next meal. Always keep a NuGo Fiber d’Lish bar on hand for those days when you just don’t have time to make breakfast. Wishing you delicious mornings ahead, from our breakfast table to yours!
About the Author:
Joannah Konecny, RD is a New Jersey based Registered Dietitian and business owner of Jo’s Foods that Fit, LLC. Her mission is to guide individuals toward better nutrition by improving both their lifestyle habits and their mindset. Through this, she helps clients increase their confidence and love their bodies. Joannah has a passion for discovering new food products and developing healthy recipes with them! You can follow her journey on Instagram or on her website.