Move over Reese’s: here’s a healthier twist on your favorite chocolate peanut butter cups! These little guys are not only super easy to make, but taste absolutely d’LISH-ous. Eat them post workout or save them for a late night snack. Either way, this vegan recipe takes your favorite NuGo bar and elevates it into something you’ll love!
High Fiber Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
makes 4 cups
- 1 NuGo Fiber d’Lish Chocolate Brownie Bar
- 1-2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- ~1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Non stick cooking oil (spray)
- Cut NuGo bar into 4 equal sized pieces.
- Lightly spray pan with oil.
- Press each piece into the slot of a mini muffin tin and form into a cup shape. (You can microwave the NuGo bar or stick it in the oven for a couple minutes if you’re having a hard time molding them!)
- Place dark chocolate and coconut oil into a small bowl and microwave until completely melted.
- Place a dollop of peanut butter in the center of each cup. Cover with a layer of melted chocolate
- Put the tray into the refrigerator or freezer until melted chocolate is firm.
Kcals: 144 Carbohydrates: 16.6 Fiber: 4.3g Protein: 3g Fat: 8.5g
About the Author:
Monica Werkin is a dietetic intern and graduate nutrition student at the University of Pittsburgh, working her way towards becoming a registered dietitian. Growing up in an Italian family, her passion for nutrition stems from a basic love of food, which grew into a fascination with health and eating right. After becoming an RD, she hopes to work in a specialized area of clinical nutrition. When she’s not in school, Monica is an occasional blogger, enjoys cooking, working out, and looking at puppies online.