We recently ran a recipe contest with nine Registered Dietitians! They were given our Cinnamon Raisin Fiber d’Lish bars and asked to create a delicious vegan recipe. They came up with some great recipes that we are excited to share!
Winner: d’Lish Baked Stuffed Apples
2/3 Cup Chopped Walnuts
2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Ground Cardamom
3 Chopped Medjool Dates
1 Chopped Fiber d’Lish Bar
- Carefully carve out the tops & seeds of four apples.
- Mix together in a separate bowl the chopped walnuts, maple syrup, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cardamom, medjool dates & Fiber d’Lish bar.
- Add mixture to tops of apples & bake at 375 for 20 minutes covered & then 10 minutes uncovered
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tablespoons water)
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar (unpacked)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup almond milk
3 tbsp canola oil
1 Large ripe banana, mashed
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup quinoa flakes
2 NuGo Fiber d’Lish bars (oatmeal raisin) crumbled
- Prepare a flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax with 3 tbsp of water. Refrigerate the mixture for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Prepare an 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add flax egg, almond milk, canola oil, and mashed banana to a medium bowl, mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Add oats, quinoa flakes, and Fiber d’Lish bars. Mix until ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Add 1/4 cup of the muffin batter to each prepared muffin cup. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm or keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
3 Medium apples, sliced
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Cinnamon Raisin NuGo Fiber d’Lish bars
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/3 melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss apples in lemon juice then transfer to a 8×8 baking dish, lay out evenly and set aside.
- In a food processeor, pulse together NuGo Fiber d’Lish bars and hazelnuts. Transfer to a bowl and stir in maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Top the bar and nut mixture over the apples evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until apples are softened and sizzling.
- Serve with your favorite non-dairy ice cream or yogurt!
2 Fiber d’Lish Cinnamon Raisin bars
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 bananas (1/2 to eat on top)
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- Blend these ingredients in a blender
- Oil your pan and pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into the pan and cook 2 minutes on each side!
1 Frozen Banana
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 NuGo Fiber d’Lish Cinnamon Raisin Bar, crumbled
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place bananas and cinnamon in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the crumbled NuGo Fiber Cinnamon Raisin bar pieces.
See Full Recipe Here.
2 NuGo Cinnamon Raisin Fiber d’Lish bars
1/4 cup whole grain oats
1/2 flax egg
1/8 tsp baking soda
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
- Bake for 15 mins at 350F in a muffin tin (preferably silicon for easy removal)
- Add whatever topping you would like such as fruit, cooked cinnamon apples, banana ice cream etc.
3 NuGo Fiber d’Lish Cinnamon Raisin bars
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries, soaked in warm water until soft (reserve the liquid)
1 package firm tofu
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup soaking liquid from cranberries
Frozen & Fresh Blueberries
- In a food processor, pulse the crust ingredients and press into a 8×8 pan.
- Set in the freezer.
- Blend together the cream ingredients, and spread over the crust.
- Allow the bars to set in the freeze for at least an hour.
- Defrost some frozen blueberries and pour the juice over the top to make the swirls and topped with fresh blueberries
1 can of Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
1 tsp maple syrup (if desired)
1 NuGo Fiber d’Lish Cinnamon Raisin bar
- Slice open grapefruit and prepare each triangle to eat by gently slicing around them.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place prepared grapefruit under the broiler for 3-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whip up the vegan coconut whipped cream.
- The night before, place a can of coconut cream in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and transfer the hardened cream to a large mixing bowl.
- Use a hand blender to whip for 2-3 minutes until small peaks form.
- Sweeten with 1 tbsp maple syrup if desired.
- Top each grapefruit with a dollop of whipped cream and crushed NuGo Fiber d’Lish cinnamon raisin bar!
4 Cinnamon Raisin Fiber d’Lish bars
1/4 cup peanut or almond butter
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of Salt
- Unwrap the bars and place in a mixer or food processor to break up.
- Once broken up all all other ingredients and mix till incorporated.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a sheet pan or plate.
- Place in freezer to set about 20 minutes.
- Then enjoy!
2 medium, ripe bananas
1.5 cups soy milk (or milk of your choice)
2.5 tsp cinnamon (I also tried it with homemade chai spice!)
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 Tbsp chia seeds
1 Nugo Fiber d’Lish bar, Cinnamon Raisin Flavor (my personal favorite)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crumble your Nugo Fiber d’Lish bar onto a baking sheet into small bite size pieces.
- Bake the granola for about 15 minutes until it begins to look toasty. It will feel soft when you first take it out of the oven, but as it cools it will become crunchy.
- While the granola toasts, blend all ingredients (except the granola bar) in your blender until combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between two mason jars (a little over 1 cup in each).
- Add 3 Tbsp of chia seeds into each jar. Close the jar and shake to distribute the chia seeds. If the chia seeds stick to the sides or lid, use a spoon to scrape them down and mix together. Let sit for ~5 minutes to allow the chia seeds to absorb the liquid and become a pudding like consistency.
- When the pudding is set and granola is toasted, sprinkle the granola on your pudding. Top with bananas, or other fruit if you’d like – Enjoy!