This quick recipe is for the guacamole-lovers who seek a lower-calorie, nutrient-dense, cleansing and delicious version of their usual favorite! This lighter-guacamole salad is diet-friendly, filling, and high in fiber.
Makes 3-5 servings
No cooking required
10 minutes prep time
One ripe avocado
Two medium tomatoes or one cup cherry tomatoes
One small cucumber
1 tsp garlic powder
Half bunch cilantro, finely chopped
Juice of half a lime
Chopped fresh jalapeno pepper or 1tsp chilli flakes, if you like it hot!
Salt and pepper to taste
- Halve, score and scoop out your avocado into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash well with a fork and season with your garlic powder.
- Finely slice your tomatoes, cucumber and cilantro and add them to the bowl.
- Juice your lime into the bowl, adding your chilli, if you wish. Grind some black pepper into the bowl and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and taste. Season more, add more lime juice or add different herbs/spices if you wish!
- Enjoy over fresh salad leaves, in wraps, lettuce cups or with meat or fish! Keep refrigerated and consume within 2-3 days.
About the Author:
Carrie Hogan (Dip. ISSN, CISSN) has an inexhaustible passion for holistic health, fitness and human performance.
In 2015, Carrie graduated from the International Society of Sports Nutrition‘s post-graduate diploma, with Distinction. She delights in enabling all clients to find their personal, sustainable diet success. Carrie is also an Advanced Personal Trainer, Registered Yoga teacher, Cooking educator and Personal Chef.
Carrie has years of experience supporting busy parents, professionals and athletes towards their optimal performance and health goals. She regularly works with parents to remodel family cooking routines, to optimize nutritional content and delicious taste! Carrie strives to imbue clients with vitality and sees fitness as the ‘launch-pad’ from which our best lives take off.